This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch,avr] device specific instruction support for avr devices
- From: Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- To: "S, Pitchumani" <Pitchumani dot S at atmel dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:07:14 +0400
- Subject: Re: [patch,avr] device specific instruction support for avr devices
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAC140656783604CABA6AE60C2A6D5A46ADED349 at penmbx01> <CAC140656783604CABA6AE60C2A6D5A46AE13B14 at penmbx01>
2014-03-24 12:23 GMT+04:00 S, Pitchumani <Pitchumani.S@atmel.com>:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
>> On Behalf Of S, Pitchumani
>> Sent: Monday, March 03, 2014 11:21 AM
>> To: email@example.com
>> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Subject: [patch,avr] device specific instruction support for avr devices
>> Few AVR Xmega devices have specific instruction support than the
>> it belongs to. For example atxmega128b1 device has RMW instructions
>> LAS and LAT) support, but not all avrxmega6 devices have.
>> Now, avr-gcc passes architecture name to assembler instead of device name.
>> RMW instructions are not recognized (illegal opcode error) by assembler.
>> I have attached a patch to address this issue in assembler.
>> - It adds a option '-mrmw' to assembler.
>> - Based on -mrmw option device specific instructions are added to current
>> instruction set (mcu_types[i].isa | AVR_ISA_RMW)
>> Now assembler can recognize rmw instructions for respective devices.
>> It is necessary to update gcc to pass -mrmw option to assembler if the
>> selected device has rmw instructions. I'll send a patch for gcc as well.
>> Please review the attached patch and give your suggestions.
> I have updated the patch to include -mrmw option to binutils.
Where is the patch ?