This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Your infinite-readelf patch caused regressions
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:15:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Your infinite-readelf patch caused regressions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1403191403270 dot 32539 at arjuna dot pair dot com> <532AEA87 dot 8030209 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
> Hi Hans-Peter,
> > Not sure why the infinite-loop test triggers.
> It is because those particular tests are running "readelf -a", so the version
> information in the binaries is being dumped.
Ah, and the "-a" was *mostly* due to my laziness and apparently
there was no generic test-case covering dumping version info
without any present. Score one for laziness! :)