This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] add CodeComposer Studio assembly syntax compatibility support
- From: Daniel Gutson <daniel dot gutson at tallertechnologies dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:57:39 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] add CodeComposer Studio assembly syntax compatibility support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF5HaEWU=tyMMQTXe4QGK+0UNfHxo82_Se-LLBJTHy+upwoHuQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF5HaEWkL-5ZEo432P=P2FGg8zQvMSQ-_FwhHq9DG6MEpe_P=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <240112064-1393947412-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry dot rim dot net-1332958159- at b28 dot c15 dot bise6 dot blackberry> <53162C0E dot 6080002 at eagerm dot com> <604343986-1393969065-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry dot rim dot net-1475874685- at b28 dot c15 dot bise6 dot blackberry> <564843056-1394800165-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry dot rim dot net-1498109565- at b28 dot c15 dot bise6 dot blackberry> <1168996588-1395223994-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry dot rim dot net-959557934- at b28 dot c15 dot bise6 dot blackberry> <53299C43 dot 8040607 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Nicholas Clifton <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> Sorry for the long delay in reviewing this patch.
> Unfortunately I do not like the approach of converting the comment_chars
> and line_separator_chars arrays in *all* targets to non-constant versions.
> GAS already has a solution for the comment_chars array - defining
> tc_comment_chars - and it is a relatively simply affair to extend this to
> handle line_separator_chars as well.
Nice, I didn't see that, of course this is a cleaner and simpler solution.
> Also your patch adds a new command line option -mccs, but it does not
> include any documentation of it in gas/doc/c-arm.texi or gas/NEWS.
Sorry about that, I only updated as.texinfo.
> So... please have a look at the attached variant patch and let me know if
> this is acceptable to you.
Yes, looks OK. Could you please commit it for me since I don't think I
have write access?
Daniel F. Gutson
Chief Engineering Officer, SPD
San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5
Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211