This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add "--trampolines" option to allow assembler to relax out-of-range jumps
- From: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- To: Sterling Augustine <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, David Weatherford <weath at cadence dot com>, Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:03:28 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add "--trampolines" option to allow assembler to relax out-of-range jumps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1394723512-14682-1-git-send-email-jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com> <CAGSvup-jwxTQeWfTFp4ENOJeTiT1o6yCM1V_-WoXybFUCJ2Png at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Sterling Augustine
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Max Filippov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> 2014-02-28 David Weatherford <email@example.com>
>> Max Filippov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Hi Max and David,
> Thanks for this change. It is a good one and a long time in coming.
> Unfortunately, it quite doesn't follow gnu coding style and that should be
> fixed before I commit it.
> In particular, the opening brace in structs go on the next line. It needs
> blank lines after local variable declarations, and the changelog entry
> should combine related entries (foo, bar, bat): New functions.
> Also, please spell out trampoline everywhere, as that will make searching
> the code easier.
> I know this pickiness can be annoying but the project requires this and I'm
> the gatekeeper.
> I recommend reading:
I wish there were checkpatch or something like that.
> But I do want this change to go in, so I'm happy to apply it with these
> small fixes.
Thanks for the review, I will send an updated v2.