This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: powerpc-rtems testers was Re: powerpc-vxworks testers needed
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Jerome Guitton <guitton at adacore dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "Sebastian dot Huber at embedded-brains dot de" <Sebastian dot Huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 10:05:32 -0600
- Subject: Re: powerpc-rtems testers was Re: powerpc-vxworks testers needed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140227130825 dot GD14922 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20140303190716 dot GA14161 at adacore dot com> <5314E805 dot 5020509 at oarcorp dot com> <20140304234542 dot GE26922 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 3/4/2014 5:45 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 02:37:25PM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
On 3/3/2014 1:07 PM, Jerome Guitton wrote:
Alan Modra (email@example.com):
Now, I don't have access to a powerpc-vxworks system, so this patch
might leave vxworks broken due to additional features being enabled.
For example, TLS optimisation will now occur on powerpc-vxworks, and
I don't have any information on how TLS is implemented on vxworks.
Hopefully, it follows my original ppc tls implementation in terms of
code and reloc sequences.. If not, I'd like to hear about problems
now rather than a week or so after the next binutils release. ;)
FWIW, I've tested this patch against our internal Ada testsuites in
rtp/smp (the only configuration where we know that TLS would have an
impact). No regression.
RTEMS has SMP support. What do we need to be on the lookout for?
You probably don't need to worry any more than you normally do when I
start hacking. :) powerpc-rtems ought to be unaffected since that
target has been using ppc32elf.em forever.
:) We try very hard to stay close to the base configurations since that
likelihood of RTEMS specific bugs. Unfortunately, that sometimes means
gets caught by *CPU*-*-* in a configure switch and we are invisible.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985