This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: odd build failure in ld
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 14:02:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: odd build failure in ld
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87r46jaxjy dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <53160CB9 dot 8050904 at redhat dot com> <20140304233935 dot GD26922 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
From my poking around yesterday, I think you'll need at least two
versions of default-manifest.o, one for 64-bit and one for 32-bit.
Right. Plus there might need to be big-endian and little-endian
versions too. Originally I had planned to put the default-manifest into
libgcc and allow the multilib mechanism to take care of this kind of
thing, but the Cygwin maintainers want a solution that will work without