This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
powerpc-rtems testers was Re: powerpc-vxworks testers needed
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Jerome Guitton <guitton at adacore dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "Sebastian dot Huber at embedded-brains dot de" <Sebastian dot Huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:37:25 -0600
- Subject: powerpc-rtems testers was Re: powerpc-vxworks testers needed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140227130825 dot GD14922 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20140303190716 dot GA14161 at adacore dot com>
On 3/3/2014 1:07 PM, Jerome Guitton wrote:
> Alan Modra (email@example.com):
>> Now, I don't have access to a powerpc-vxworks system, so this patch
>> might leave vxworks broken due to additional features being enabled.
>> For example, TLS optimisation will now occur on powerpc-vxworks, and
>> I don't have any information on how TLS is implemented on vxworks.
>> Hopefully, it follows my original ppc tls implementation in terms of
>> code and reloc sequences.. If not, I'd like to hear about problems
>> now rather than a week or so after the next binutils release. ;)
> FWIW, I've tested this patch against our internal Ada testsuites in
> rtp/smp (the only configuration where we know that TLS would have an
> impact). No regression.
RTEMS has SMP support. What do we need to be on the lookout for?
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985