This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Changing the MIPS ISA definition for the Loongson 3A from MIPS64 to MIPS64r2
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Heiher <r at hev dot cc>
- Cc: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>, "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 07:45:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: Changing the MIPS ISA definition for the Loongson 3A from MIPS64 to MIPS64r2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B98277531609 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <87d2i78awj dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com> <CAHirt9imQwZYrV7Miwu-Wbb9fYppHDmha+MVVrMtmQWYipd6pQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Heiher <email@example.com> writes:
> Hi, Andrew
> Thank you for your attention, There have an Arch Linux MIPS n32
> abiÂport for Loongson3 that compiled by patched binutils and gcc with
> -march=mips64r2 -mtune =loongson3a. I did not find complatible problem
> running it on Lemote Yeloong 8133(Loonson3a) notebook.
> Arch Linux Mips mirrors:
> China: http://mirror.lemote.com/archls/
> May be help your testing.
Thanks for the note. Although changing it to MIPS64r2 might seem
obvious, the danger is that the support for the MIPS64r2 and Loongson
extensions might interact badly, especially on the GCC side. So I think
we'd need to test specifically with -march=loongson3a rather than
-march=mips64r2 -mtune=loongson3a. (The patch doesn't change the
behaviour of -mtune=loongson3a.)
If you've also tested the patched GCC and binutils in the same way
with -march=loongson3a rather than -march=mips64r2 -mtune=loongson3a
then that's plenty of testing, thanks.