This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: copyright dates in binutils (and includes/)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 18:47:17 +0000
- Subject: Re: copyright dates in binutils (and includes/)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140227045011 dot GC14922 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20140227132551 dot GO4348 at adacore dot com>
On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> I should mention, however, that for us to use ranges like this,
> the FSF asked us to add a note explaining that the copyright years
> could be abbreviated into a range. See gdb/README (at the end).
> I suspect that you'll need the same note for binutils.
And, where a gap in the years is being implicitly filled in by conversion
to a range, make sure that either (a) there was a public version control
repository for binutils during that year, or (b) there was a release
(including beta releases, Cygnus releases etc., not just official
releases) during that year.
Joseph S. Myers