This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH] Handle arbitrary .plt/.got displacements in ld on ARM
- From: Yuri Gribov <tetra2005 at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Viacheslav Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:01:46 +0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] Handle arbitrary .plt/.got displacements in ld on ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52F4B2B3 dot 8060804 at samsung dot com> <CANu=Dmh_amrVpf_hQMt2CsnLdTbxv78muPLBi3U_WGS-XE7kSQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <52F8BD92 dot 5080609 at samsung dot com> <5307609F dot 8070001 at redhat dot com> <530B6043 dot 4070605 at samsung dot com> <530CC8D7 dot 6050301 at arm dot com>
> Indeed, why would you need to place the PLT and GOT more than 256MB
> apart? That would be a pretty massive library on a 32-bit machine.
I was waiting for this question. So my client links most of the code
into one monstrous executable where .text + .rodata take ~120M in
size. I then compile it under AddressSanitizer which doubles size of