This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH] Handle arbitrary .plt/.got displacements in ld on ARM
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Viacheslav Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>, Yuri Gribov <tetra2005 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:58:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] Handle arbitrary .plt/.got displacements in ld on ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52F4B2B3 dot 8060804 at samsung dot com> <CANu=Dmh_amrVpf_hQMt2CsnLdTbxv78muPLBi3U_WGS-XE7kSQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <52F8BD92 dot 5080609 at samsung dot com> <5307609F dot 8070001 at redhat dot com> <530B6043 dot 4070605 at samsung dot com>
The problem is that decision on PLT entry size is done long before we
actually output PLT entries.
I thought that that might be the case.
Fixing this would require a non-trivial code churn which I'm a bit
scared to do...
Note that most of the people are probably ok with existing 28-bit
entries (otherwise we'd know about this issue long ago).
Fair enough - in which case the patch is approved - please apply.