This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gc-sections removing required sections of elf
- From: Nagaraju Mekala <gnuuser dot raj at gmail dot com>
- To: Nagaraju Mekala <gnuuser dot raj at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:53:50 +0530
- Subject: Re: gc-sections removing required sections of elf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKuVEhBBZoZXELV9z5+wKsuuZSOOD19J3e3YMcWO5=vnEdswUQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140221001731 dot GG3386 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Thanks Alan for the reply.
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 5:47 AM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:11:19PM +0530, Nagaraju Mekala wrote:
>> Can anyone please let me know how can we tell the garbage collector
>> to not to delete .debug information of _exit function.
> Have a look at what is happening inside _bfd_elf_gc_mark_extra_sections.
I looked at the _bfd_elf_gc_mark_extra_sections and tried modifying it
with the basic knowlege I had. It was not sucessful. Still gc-sections
deleting the debug info of _exit function.
Can you please point me to any document link where I can learn and fix