This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, i386] Update to match latest AVX512 spec.
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Ilya Tocar <tocarip dot intel at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:11:58 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, i386] Update to match latest AVX512 spec.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140219171629 dot GA53104 at msticlxl7 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Ilya Tocar <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Between  and  versions of the spec there were some changes.
> In particular:
> 1)prefetchwt1 instruction now has it's own CPUID
> 2)vptestnmd/vptesnmq instructions now have CPUID of AVX512F not AVX512CD
> Also there was version of vctps2ph with sae and only 1 register operand, which was encoded
> as if missing operand was equal to ymm0. I didn't found any references to it in ,
> so I removed it.
> Attached is gzipped patch. Testing passes. There are a few trailing whitespaces,
> but only in auto-generated files.
> Ok for trunk?
>  http://download-software.intel.com/sites/default/files/319433-015.pdf
>  http://download-software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/50/1a/319433-018.pdf
Please break it into 3 separate patches:
1. Remove wrong cvtps2ph variant.
2. Add cpu PREFETCHWT1.
3. Update cpu for vptestnmd/vptestnmq.
Please provide proper commit log for each patch You can take
a look at commits at: