This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/ARM] Enable Gold to set EF_ARM_HASENTRY attribute on ARM
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Doug Kwan <dougkwan at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:15:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/ARM] Enable Gold to set EF_ARM_HASENTRY attribute on ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52FB5A17 dot 6060103 at samsung dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1402121620490 dot 5339 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAHACq4qXpBHS+vgmr36KgROrpuPwDcmXrJ9Ba=gwWzBxP1x2eA at mail dot gmail dot com> <52FC5470 dot 7050007 at samsung dot com>
On 13/02/14 05:13, Yury Gribov wrote:
Cary Coutant wrote:
As Joseph said, this flag isn't defined by the ARM EABI, so I don't
think we should bother with it.
Ok, makes sense. Should I close PR as WONTFIX?
INVALID would be the correct state. The flag isn't defined.
Instead, I think we need a separate bug to remove it's use in the BFD
linker when generating EABI conformant images.
(Is there a reason other than
consistency with Gnu ld that you filed the bug?)
Our local scripts use this flag to check validity of executable and they
borked when we tried switching to Gold.
Now if this flag is unsupported, we'd probably rather fix our scripts.