This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/ARM] Enable Gold to set EF_ARM_HASENTRY attribute on ARM
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Doug Kwan <dougkwan at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:23:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/ARM] Enable Gold to set EF_ARM_HASENTRY attribute on ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52FB5A17 dot 6060103 at samsung dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1402121620490 dot 5339 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
>> This is a patch for https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16533
>> which enables Gold to set EF_ARM_HASENTRY flag on ARM platforms (to match BFD
> Actually you should stop GNU ld from generating it in the EABI case; it's
> not a flag defined by the EABI so should be avoided for new EABI binaries.
As Joseph said, this flag isn't defined by the ARM EABI, so I don't
think we should bother with it. (Is there a reason other than
consistency with Gnu ld that you filed the bug?)
If there is a valid reason for adding the flag, I have a couple of
comments on the patch:
+ EF_ARM_HASENTRY = 0x00000002,
This should be moved up to the top of the enum, before the EABI version flags.
+ if (parameters->entry())
Line too long. I would do this in do_adjust_elf_header instead of