This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/ARM] Enable Gold to set EF_ARM_HASENTRY attribute on ARM
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:27:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/ARM] Enable Gold to set EF_ARM_HASENTRY attribute on ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52FB5A17 dot 6060103 at samsung dot com>
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Yury Gribov wrote:
> Hi all,
> This is a patch for https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16533
> which enables Gold to set EF_ARM_HASENTRY flag on ARM platforms (to match BFD
Actually you should stop GNU ld from generating it in the EABI case; it's
not a flag defined by the EABI so should be avoided for new EABI binaries.
(A few years ago I reviewed the GNU tools against the ARM EABI and sent a
list of issues to ARM at their request, and this issue was on the list.
I don't know if the ARM people involved in maintaining binutils and other
tools have filed any of the identified issues in the public bug trackers
for the various components, although I have done myself so for a few
issues relating to glibc.)
Joseph S. Myers