This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Build from CVS sources broken after recent "merge from gcc"
- From: Joey Ye <joey dot ye dot cc at gmail dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:54:45 +0800
- Subject: Re: Build from CVS sources broken after recent "merge from gcc"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140123094849 dot GA13098 at arm dot com>
James, I run into the same issue. Unfortunately I don't find
instructions how to update my build script. Can you please give some
On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 5:48 PM, James Greenhalgh
> I've been spotting a build error recently on a build-bot which still
> tracks the old CVS repository:
> /work/gcc/src/binutils/binutils/bucomm.c:130:7: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'VPARAMS'
> /work/gcc/src/binutils/binutils/bucomm.c:141:11: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'VPARAMS'
> make: *** [bucomm.o] Error 1
> Some investigation shows this as the culprit:
> +2014-01-21 Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> + * ansidecl.h (ANSI_PROTOTYPES, PTRCONST, LONG_DOUBLE, PARAMS)
> + (VPARAMS, VA_START, VA_OPEN, VA_CLOSE, VA_FIXEDARG, CONST)
> + (VOLATILE, SIGNED, PROTO, EXFUN, DEFUN, DEFUN_VOID, AND, DOTS)
> + (NOARGS): Don't define.
> + * libiberty.h (expandargv, writeargv): Don't use PARAMS.
> Which comes in through this commit:
> CVSROOT: /cvs/src
> Module name: src
> Changes by: email@example.com 2014-01-21 16:09:25
> Modified files:
> include : ChangeLog ansidecl.h libiberty.h
> Log message:
> merge from gcc
> I know I should update my build-bot but I thought I would notify you
> of the breakage just in case this is a misfiring script.
> James Greenhalgh