This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold commit] Fix problems with --dynamic-list option.
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:00:10 +1030
- Subject: Re: [gold commit] Fix problems with --dynamic-list option.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140206020434 dot 09251160AB3 at ccoutant dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com>
On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 06:04:33PM -0800, Cary Coutant wrote:
> PR gold/16530 complains that symbols listed in the --dynamic-list script
> can still be garbage collected. I've fixed this by checking the symbols
> as they're added to the symbol table. (Unlike the --export-dynamic-symbol
> option, we can't iterate over the list, because the --dynamic-list script
> can have wildcards in it.)
Should --dynamic-list affect garbage collection? If so, what about
--dynamic-list-cpp-new, --dynamic-list-cpp-new, and --dynamic-list-data?
I'm thinking the next thing you'll see is a complaint that
--dynamic-list now unexpectedly prevents garbage collection, for
someone using a wildcard in their dynamic-list file.
Australia Development Lab, IBM