This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [ Bug 16340][AARCH64][PATCH] Offset into GOT for TLS relocation computed inconsistently
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>, Kugan <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, "patches at linaro dot org" <patches at linaro dot org>, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 15:59:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ Bug 16340][AARCH64][PATCH] Offset into GOT for TLS relocation computed inconsistently
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52B29EF7 dot 7040209 at linaro dot org> <52B4008F dot 1000403 at linaro dot org> <20131222014713 dot GE7521 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <52BE28AA dot 2000204 at linaro dot org> <CAKdteOZzp_7fAbyC6fn9L5BMa2tpthKZDrXFTKFvfUFAE+Lm=A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140114041643 dot GP5390 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 14 January 2014 04:16, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 04:36:41PM +0100, Christophe Lyon wrote:
>> On 28 December 2013 02:26, Kugan <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > On 22/12/13 12:47, Alan Modra wrote:
>> >> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 07:32:15PM +1100, Kugan wrote:
>> >>> [Apologies if you get this twice; Noticed a typo with email address]
>> >>> Hi,
>> >>> mongodb for aarch64 segfaults due to an error in applying GOT for TLS
>> >>> relocation. Michael Hudson-Doyle tracked this down to wrong usage of
>> >>> offset for the relocation. Attached patch (by Michael Hudson-Doyle)
>> >>> fixes this. Regression tested on aarch64-none-linux-gnu with no new
>> >>> regressions.
>> >>> Is this OK for trunk and backport for 2.24?
>> >> Looks good to me. There are two more occurrences of
>> >> output_section->output_offset in elfnn-aarch64.c. Please fix those
>> >> too.
>> > Thanks Alan for the review. Please fond the patch attached which changes
>> > it. make check for binutils, gas and ld has no new regression with the
>> > patch.
>> Hi Alan,
>> Is this version OK?
> Yes, it's good. I meant my previous reply as an OK for the patch as
> posted plus preapproval for the extra fixes. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Is this patch ok for the 2.24 branch too?
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro