This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] bfd/elf32-arm.c: Set st_value to zero for undefined symbols.
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:47:43 +1030
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] bfd/elf32-arm.c: Set st_value to zero for undefined symbols.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1389868125-7349-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org> <CANu=DmhOVH1FEMwsNa8qKrSMet2z+7CTpwzLHHnasYR6jtHy+w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 03:22:21PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> On 16 January 2014 10:28, Will Newton <email@example.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure what the implications of this patch are, so I thought I would
> > post it here in the hope that someone can explain what might break.
You're probably being a bit too honest here. :)
The patch looks OK to me as far as it goes, but I count myself
unqualified to ack it. I don't know enough about ARM to say whether
you've set pointer_equality_needed for all the relocs types you
should. It needs to be set whenever you might be taking the address
of a function in non-PIC code or data.
Australia Development Lab, IBM