This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR gas/16489: GAS doesn't complain about same register used for destination and index in AVX512 gather insn
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Zolotukhin <michael dot v dot zolotukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:15:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR gas/16489: GAS doesn't complain about same register used for destination and index in AVX512 gather insn
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140122140229 dot GA44568 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOqdG9MbZmgWscDNUwtxe4Qwmcgt3ppRR3u5bt9YAJaCmA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANtU07-9W7yu1KrEL+TgnkYnxwv8GwMQR6M_q0TKuORFw-GCEA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOp3Z=pfy=RFL4ic5vJ4img=ZZAGDzfqf20z9S1GSw57Pg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANtU07-0Jap2x_6mZRhc6t9T5zb5x8dBeha3=oPWPMEi66Pyug at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOpDkKfXGnNh5rPQ0dJ2XE-Rd1h1bwKK12iZo2FiM3pOkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANtU078gCG94MpjiK5u=19+D8=jqK_=-2YFuWhWydRH=ZsbqJg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Michael Zolotukhin
>> If the patch doesn't change anything in testsuite, it means it
>> isn't necessary.
> It is not necessary, but the assert allowing zmm-register is weaker
> than it should be for AVX2 case, which doesn't allow zmm registers by
> definition. The change just makes the assert correct, the way it
> should've been before. But anyway, I could omit this change if
Please submit a separate patch for assert change. I
will take a closer look later.