This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR gas/16489: GAS doesn't complain about same register used for destination and index in AVX512 gather insn
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Zolotukhin <michael dot v dot zolotukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:59:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR gas/16489: GAS doesn't complain about same register used for destination and index in AVX512 gather insn
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140122140229 dot GA44568 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOqdG9MbZmgWscDNUwtxe4Qwmcgt3ppRR3u5bt9YAJaCmA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANtU07-9W7yu1KrEL+TgnkYnxwv8GwMQR6M_q0TKuORFw-GCEA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOp3Z=pfy=RFL4ic5vJ4img=ZZAGDzfqf20z9S1GSw57Pg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANtU07-0Jap2x_6mZRhc6t9T5zb5x8dBeha3=oPWPMEi66Pyug at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Michael Zolotukhin
>> Please send a separate patch for assert removal along with
>> testsuite change which shows the impact of assert removal.
> There is no impact except that the assert became more strict and
> correct. There are no cases when we have zmm register and entered that
> branch. Is it still needed to be sent separately?
If the patch doesn't change anything in testsuite, it means it