This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR gas/16489: GAS doesn't complain about same register used for destination and index in AVX512 gather insn
- From: Michael Zolotukhin <michael dot v dot zolotukhin at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:57:10 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR gas/16489: GAS doesn't complain about same register used for destination and index in AVX512 gather insn
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140122140229 dot GA44568 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOqdG9MbZmgWscDNUwtxe4Qwmcgt3ppRR3u5bt9YAJaCmA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANtU07-9W7yu1KrEL+TgnkYnxwv8GwMQR6M_q0TKuORFw-GCEA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOp3Z=pfy=RFL4ic5vJ4img=ZZAGDzfqf20z9S1GSw57Pg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Please send a separate patch for assert removal along with
> testsuite change which shows the impact of assert removal.
There is no impact except that the assert became more strict and
correct. There are no cases when we have zmm register and entered that
branch. Is it still needed to be sent separately?
Michael V. Zolotukhin,