This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR gas/16489: GAS doesn't complain about same register used for destination and index in AVX512 gather insn
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Zolotukhin <michael dot v dot zolotukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:50:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR gas/16489: GAS doesn't complain about same register used for destination and index in AVX512 gather insn
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140122140229 dot GA44568 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOqdG9MbZmgWscDNUwtxe4Qwmcgt3ppRR3u5bt9YAJaCmA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANtU07-9W7yu1KrEL+TgnkYnxwv8GwMQR6M_q0TKuORFw-GCEA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Michael Zolotukhin
> Hi HJ,
> Thanks for the review, please find my answers below.
>> You removed assert on operands 0 and 2, added
>> check on operand 1. Do your testcases cover
>> the removal of assert on operands 0 and 2?
> I didn't remove the assert on operands 0 and 2, I simply corrected it.
> This assert is for AVX2 gathers, where we have mask, destination and
> index all in xmm/ymm registers. Zmm isn't allowed there and was
> previously added to this assert by mistake. This case has been
> covered by existing tests.
Please send a separate patch for assert removal along with
testsuite change which shows the impact of assert removal.