This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Bug: gather/scatter accepts same registers in destination/src and index
- From: Michael Zolotukhin <michael dot v dot zolotukhin at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 18:44:03 +0400
- Subject: Re: Bug: gather/scatter accepts same registers in destination/src and index
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANtU078XuYEQ8AnKR2BQoRSSByKLAf_TrzdpjEO=4h09U524gQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <52DE438B0200007800115421 at nat28 dot tlf dot novell dot com> <20140121111627 dot GC13904 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOpLKpmSR-vYpOE5RS3BDn2P7PewSVh85-zTHy4ZUxXvuA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140121135628 dot GF13904 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <52DE93F00200007800115670 at nat28 dot tlf dot novell dot com>
> Does AVX2 gather have the similar issue?
For AVX2 gathers we've already had required checks, this patch adds similar
checks for AVX512F rs
> Shouldn't scatters at least be checked for having an index?
I think it would be checked anyway when we check operands, i.e. when looking for
a matching pattern from i386-opc.tbl (as for all usual instructions). Please
correct me if I'm wrong here.