This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Bug: gather/scatter accepts same registers in destination/src and index
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, "Michael V. Zolotukhin" <michael dot v dot zolotukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 14:36:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: Bug: gather/scatter accepts same registers in destination/src and index
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANtU078XuYEQ8AnKR2BQoRSSByKLAf_TrzdpjEO=4h09U524gQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <52DE438B0200007800115421 at nat28 dot tlf dot novell dot com> <20140121111627 dot GC13904 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOpLKpmSR-vYpOE5RS3BDn2P7PewSVh85-zTHy4ZUxXvuA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140121135628 dot GF13904 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
>>> On 21.01.14 at 14:56, "Michael V. Zolotukhin" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Please make 2 patches:
>> 1. Rename testcases without fixing any bugs.
>> 2. Fix the bug.
> As scatters actually don't need any changes, we don't need to rename the
> anymore. Here is an updated version of the patch. Is it ok?
Shouldn't scatters at least be checked for having an index?