Re: Bug: gather/scatter accepts same registers in destination/src and index

>>> On 21.01.14 at 08:31, Michael Zolotukhin <michael.v.zolotukhin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I looked at the bug, spotted by Jan:
>
>         # destination and index the same being accepted
>         vgatherqps      ymm0{k1}, [eax+zmm0]
>         vpgatherqd      ymm0{k1}, [eax+zmm0]
>
> The patch is ready, and the remaining question is how to add
> corresponding tests. Should they be added to 'vgather-check.s',
> 'x86-64-vgather-check.s' or should they be placed separately? Also,
> this problem touches scatters as well, so in case we want to have a
> single file for these tests, it probably should be renamed. What do
> you think?

Extending that test seems reasonable to me (as it appears to
be about the respective constraints in AVX); renaming it to
sg-check or vsg-check would probably make sense, but in the
end the name of the test files isn't that important imo.

Jan