This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gas: ARM: Fix encoding of VCVTr.s32.f64 instructions
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:45:17 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gas: ARM: Fix encoding of VCVTr.s32.f64 instructions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1389867216-7020-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org> <52D946B1 dot 5060605 at arm dot com> <CANu=DmhP1irDD4S6reJJomXdGcokpZ2Zx6O-WbSc2yakbQL2Kw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 20/01/14 13:40, Will Newton wrote:
> On 17 January 2014 15:05, Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 16/01/14 10:13, Will Newton wrote:
>>> The direct rounding floating-point VCVT instructions introduced in
>>> ARMv8 encode the s32.f64 variant incorrectly. The op bit should be
>>> set to 1 for all signed conversions.
>>> 2014-01-16 Will Newton <email@example.com>
>>> * config/tc-arm.c (do_vfp_nsyn_cvt_fpv8): Set OP to 1
>>> for the s32.f64 flavours of VCVT.
> Is this ok for the 2.24 branch too?
Yes, unless Tristan has objections.