This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Section (.sdata2) being omitted but SIZEOF(.sdata2) is not zero?
- From: Douglas Graham <douglas dot graham at ericsson dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:05:50 +0000
- Subject: RE: Section (.sdata2) being omitted but SIZEOF(.sdata2) is not zero?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E36F5062C1BCFC48B8230995895548DF02C35784 at eusaamb109 dot ericsson dot se> <E36F5062C1BCFC48B8230995895548DF02C357A9 at eusaamb109 dot ericsson dot se> <20140119092749 dot GJ5390 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Unfortunately, I have not been able to come up with a simple reproducer. I'll try harder today, but until now, I've only seen this happen when linking ~2000 object files and some libraries into a ~6MB executable. My only guesses so far are that this is related to the .text segment ending on a 0x200 byte boundary and to the -gc-sections option, but when I reproduce those conditions in a simple test, there is no problem.
From: Alan Modra [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: January-19-14 4:28 AM
To: Douglas Graham
Subject: Re: Section (.sdata2) being omitted but SIZEOF(.sdata2) is not zero?
If you can provide a self-contained testcase, I'll take a look.
Australia Development Lab, IBM