Re: small request regarding commits in binutils-gdb.git

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:09:08PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> This is still a GNU project, isn't it?  We still adhere to GNU coding
> standards, right?  So I don't think we can avoid producing GNU-style
> ChangeLog files.

People have been putting the changelog entry in the git log.  If that
continues, it ought to be easy to generate a GNU ChangeLog by "git log
| awk".  I don't see any need for a ChangeLog in the source
repository if we can generate one to be distributed along with the
sources.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM