This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/16428: autoconf tests don't terminate on ix86-linux-gnu with -static -fPIE -pie on glibc-2.18 based systems
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:36:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/16428: autoconf tests don't terminate on ix86-linux-gnu with -static -fPIE -pie on glibc-2.18 based systems
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140114190659 dot GA1027 at intel dot com> <20140114235539 dot GU5390 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOrAhWy+vh6rdk7iq=N=Zn+Gg0=ZL1hJT642hDN6hUhqdA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOrR-zoVPdXphO2b0MMXNZ8giUtx1LaVv0Qtv+kfymvEJw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOoDTxtbfPkjoqswaXOGS47Z_GCQNka5zhN477E3MAZx8g at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140115091956 dot GW5390 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20140115111558 dot GY5390 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Alan Modra <email@example.com> writes:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 07:49:57PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
>> I really don't want to hack all the backends. So, lets see if this
>> generic hack passes testing..
> The test results are in, with failures on frv-linux, crisv32-linux,
> i370-linux and all mips-linux targets. The first two are caused by
> complaints about relocation types in shared libs, so I'll just xfail
> the test. i370-linux has so many failures that I reckon the port
> should be declared dead. The mips failures
> mips-linux +FAIL: MIPS magic __ehdr_start symbol test 1 (n32)
> mips-linux +FAIL: MIPS magic __ehdr_start symbol test 1 (n64)
> are due to this code in mips_elf_record_got_page_entry
> entry = bfd_zalloc (sec->owner, sizeof (*entry));
> When a symbol is absolute, sec == bfd_abs_section_ptr and
> sec->owner == NULL. Methinks I've found a bug in the mips backend,
> rather than there being anything wrong with my __ehdr_start patch.
> Not being a mips expert, I'm asking for an OK from a mips maintainer
> before committing this part of the patch.
Oops, serves me right for taking a shortcut. :-/
The MIPS part looks good to me, thanks.