This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: small request regarding commits in binutils-gdb.git
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:07:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: small request regarding commits in binutils-gdb.git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140115121251 dot GM4639 at adacore dot com> <83mwix44gh dot fsf at gnu dot org>
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:12:51 +0400
> > From: Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > It would look like this:
> > > psymtab cleanup patch 3/3
> > >
> > > This last patch removes "partial" from the names of
> > > expand_partial_symbol_names and map_partial_symbol_filenames.
> > > It also renames expand_partial_symbol_names to match the
> > > struct quick_symbol_functions "method" that it wraps:
> > > expand_symtabs_matching.
> > >
> > > This patch also adds two parameters to expand_symtabs_matching
> > > so that it can fully wrap the underlying quick_symbol_functions method.
> > > This makes it usable in more places.
> > > I thought of having a cover function that still had the same
> > > signature as the old expand_partial_symbol_names function,
> > > but I couldn't think of a good name, and it wasn't clear it was
> > > worth it anyway.
> > >
> > > gdb/ChangeLog:
> > >
> > > * symfile.h (expand_symtabs_matching): Renamed from
> > > expand_partial_symbol_names. Update prototype.
> > > (map_symbol_filenames): Renamed from map_partial_symbol_filenames.
> > > * symfile.c (expand_symtabs_matching): Renamed from
> The text before the log entry is just a long way of saying the same
> thing as the log entry, isn't it? It repeats the info that is
> already in the log entry. Why does it make sense to repeat all
The ChangeLog says what. The text before it says why.