This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: small request regarding commits in binutils-gdb.git
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:57:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: small request regarding commits in binutils-gdb.git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140115121251 dot GM4639 at adacore dot com> <83mwix44gh dot fsf at gnu dot org> <20140115162518 dot GL4762 at adacore dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:25:18 +0400
> From: Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
> But even with this example, it isn't just a repeat.
I didn't say it was just a repeat, I said most of it just repeats.
> The text before the ChangeLog says what the intent of the patch is,
> and provides extra information that usually doesn't go into the
> ChangeLog entry. For example, it says "This makes it usable in more
Why not have this as part of the log entry. Here's an example (from
* window.h (struct window): Replace hchild, vchild and buffer slots
with a single contents slot. This is possible because each valid
window may have either the child window (in vertical or horizontal
combination) or buffer to display (for the leaf window). Using that,
a lot of operations to traverse and/or change window hierarchies may
be simplified. New member horizontal is used to distinguish between
horizontal and vertical combinations of internal windows.