Re: PATCH: PR ld/16428: Disallow -shared/-pie, -shared/-static, -pie/-static

>>> +  bfd_boolean seen_pie = FALSE, seen_shared = FALSE, seen_static = FALSE;
>>
>> Do we really want to error on the mere presense of an option on the
>> command line that is later cancelled by some other option?  I think
>> this is a bad idea.
>
> That is what gold does.

Are there "no" versions of these options? In gold, once any of these
options is set, it can't be unset.

(Nevertheless, if there were a way to unset any of them, gold only
checks the final state of the options -- it wouldn't complain if you
had, e.g., "--static --shared --nostatic". HJ's patch appears to do it
this way as well; if there were a --nostatic, it should set
seen_static to FALSE, and you wouldn't get an error.)

-cary