This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/16428: Disallow -shared/-pie, -shared/-static, -pie/-static
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:28:22 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/16428: Disallow -shared/-pie, -shared/-static, -pie/-static
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140110142001 dot GA6035 at intel dot com> <20140111001259 dot GE5390 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 06:20:01AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> + bfd_boolean seen_pie = FALSE, seen_shared = FALSE, seen_static = FALSE;
> Do we really want to error on the mere presense of an option on the
> command line that is later cancelled by some other option? I think
> this is a bad idea.
That is what gold does.