This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/16428: Disallow -shared/-pie, -shared/-static, -pie/-static
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 10:43:00 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/16428: Disallow -shared/-pie, -shared/-static, -pie/-static
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140110142001 dot GA6035 at intel dot com>
On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 06:20:01AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> + bfd_boolean seen_pie = FALSE, seen_shared = FALSE, seen_static = FALSE;
Do we really want to error on the mere presense of an option on the
command line that is later cancelled by some other option? I think
this is a bad idea.
Australia Development Lab, IBM