This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/16322: ld fails to generate GNU_RELRO segment
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:57:31 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/16322: ld fails to generate GNU_RELRO segment
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOowdTdjqjhZ-CrRZVqgu+7=nVCte3Hb8OQnK=SbE4S-UQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <201401091851 dot s09Ipu5S025585 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com>
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson
>> From: "H.J. Lu" <email@example.com>
>> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:22:19 +0100
>> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> > It fails since cris doesn't define COMMONPAGESIZE
>> > so that -z relro is ignored. You can add relro support
>> > to cris or I can skip this test for cris.
>> I checked in this patch to check if GNU_RELRO segment
>> is generated. It fails for cris-linux:
> Well duh. But why add new failures, isn't GNU_RELRO checking
> covered by the failing 16323 test-case?
I added it so that we can catch the case where we pad LOAD
segment for GNU_RELRO segment when there is another LOAD
segment after it. It happens for x86-64 NaCL target.
>> since cris-linux doesn't support relro. We can either
>> ignore them for cris and add relro support to cris.
> Looks like a one-liner, but I have to wonder why
> COMMONPAGESIZE="CONSTANT (COMMONPAGESIZE)" isn't the default.
> Also, ia64-linux will fail.
> brgds, H-P