This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/16322: ld fails to generate GNU_RELRO segment
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: hjl dot tools at gmail dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, nickc at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:51:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/16322: ld fails to generate GNU_RELRO segment
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> From: "H.J. Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:22:19 +0100
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> > It fails since cris doesn't define COMMONPAGESIZE
> > so that -z relro is ignored. You can add relro support
> > to cris or I can skip this test for cris.
> I checked in this patch to check if GNU_RELRO segment
> is generated. It fails for cris-linux:
Well duh. But why add new failures, isn't GNU_RELRO checking
covered by the failing 16323 test-case?
> since cris-linux doesn't support relro. We can either
> ignore them for cris and add relro support to cris.
Looks like a one-liner, but I have to wonder why
COMMONPAGESIZE="CONSTANT (COMMONPAGESIZE)" isn't the default.
Also, ia64-linux will fail.