This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/16322: ld fails to generate GNU_RELRO segment
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 08:41:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/16322: ld fails to generate GNU_RELRO segment
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOpN28KDu8JzYoaK1b5G12S6DuGAkxOxYnyMk6T2y8iv3A at mail dot gmail dot com> <201401091605 dot s09G5Vfc021509 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com>
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson
>> From: "H.J. Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 15:01:49 +0100
>> >> 2013-12-12 H.J. Lu <email@example.com>
>> >> PR ld/14207
>> >> PR ld/16322
>> >> PR binutils/16323
>> >> * elf.c (_bfd_elf_map_sections_to_segments): Don't check section
>> >> size for PT_GNU_RELRO segment.
>> >> (assign_file_positions_for_load_sections): If PT_LOAD segment
>> >> doesn't fit PT_GNU_RELRO segment, adjust its p_filesz and p_mems
>> > Are there any objections to this patch?
> Did you get explicit approval for this patch?
>> I checked it in. Please let me know if there are any problems.
> It fails for cris-axis-linux-gnu: no GNU_RELRO segment.
> Should I worry or is this going to be covered by follow-up
> changes? I see there's an ongoing conversation.
It fails since cris doesn't define COMMONPAGESIZE
so that -z relro is ignored. You can add relro support
to cris or I can skip this test for cris.