This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Define LP64 BE linker name.
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 15:23:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Define LP64 BE linker name.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52CACAD2 dot 5060008 at arm dot com> <CA+=Sn1nL=FY_ZEj22aPZCCHQN762==th3f7i-c-tGS=pFhDpSA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 06/01/14 17:07, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Marcus Shawcroft
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> This patch defines the AArch64 LP64 BE linker name in LD.
>> * emulparams/aarch64linuxb.sh (ELF_INTERPRETER_NAME): Define.
> Again I don't think this should be done as right now, binutils 2.24
> and with this patch are different ABIs.
So do it now, or do it in three years time when this becomes a major
problem for someone.
I think the sooner the better with issues like this, unfortunate as that
is for early adopters. I'm sure there must be some compatibility
work-arounds you can deploy.