This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils-2.24 and HEAD: patch for gas/config/tc-i386.c
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "Thomas Klausner" <tk at giga dot or dot at>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 10:15:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: binutils-2.24 and HEAD: patch for gas/config/tc-i386.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140106192333 dot GG14484 at danbala dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
>>> On 06.01.14 at 20:23, Thomas Klausner <email@example.com> wrote:
> When compiling binutils-2.24 on NetBSD-6.99.28/amd64 with
> clang-3.4rc1, the build stops in gas/config/tc-i386.c:
> config/tc-i386.c:1668:32: error: unused variable 'regbnd'
> static const i386_operand_type regbnd = OPERAND_TYPE_REGBND;
> config/tc-i386.c:1669:32: error: unused variable 'vec_disp8'
> static const i386_operand_type vec_disp8 = OPERAND_TYPE_VEC_DISP8;
> The attached patch comments out these variables, but perhaps they
> should be used instead? I don't know, so I thought I'd just report
> this issue.
Commenting them out (and even with C++ style comments) is surely
not the right thing - they indeed look to be unused, so they should
just get deleted.