This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gold] compiling gold with libc++ and __stl_hash_string
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Jan Voung <jvoung at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:43:52 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gold] compiling gold with libc++ and __stl_hash_string
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACfqt7g5oYp2KejMUGfzS_Fu8okKnAgp2jKJNJiH27xuo_t2iA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Jan Voung <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I've tried to compile gold with clang and libc++. I ran into an issue
> with __stl_hash_string. With the following patch, gold compiles.
That's not the right fix. That code should only be used if gold is
using <ext/hash_map>, which is a fall back for older compilers.
Currently gold prefers <tr1/unordered_map>. I think we need to add a
case to configure.ac and system.h to use <unordered_map> if it is
available, as I assume it is for libc++.