This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch,ld testsuite] Support check_lto_shared_available
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Vidya Praveen <vidyapraveen at arm dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:35:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch,ld testsuite] Support check_lto_shared_available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131218192043 dot GA27931 at e103625-lin dot cambridge dot arm dot com>
On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Vidya Praveen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch implements the check_lto_shared_available improvement suggested by
> H.J.Lu as a part of fixing check_lto_available.
> In abstract, check_lto_available checks if the compiler supports LTO by creating
> an executable while check_lto_shared_available checks for LTO support as well as
> LTO shared library support. This is essentially the old implementation of
> check_lto_available which has been recently modified but with the support for
> cflags & ldflags from the board file.
> This patch also modifies lto.exp to use check_lto_shared_available.
>  https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-12/msg00136.html
>  https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-12/msg00132.html
> Tested for aarch64-none-elf, arm-none-eabi, arm-none-linux-gnueabihf and
> 2013-12-18 Vidya Praveen <email@example.com>
> * lib/ld-lib.exp (check_lto_shared_available): New check.
> * ld-plugin/lto.exp: Use check_lto_shared_available.
+# Returns true if the target compiler supports LTO
Please mention "-shared".
+ set status [remote_exec host $CC "$flags -shared
-B[pwd]/tmpdir/ld/ -flto -fuse-linker-plugin $src -o $output"]
Please add -fPIC.