This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Fix GAS bug in checking an opcode against available features
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, "gingold at adacore dot com" <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:26:59 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Fix GAS bug in checking an opcode against available features
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52B19579 dot 4070101 at arm dot com>
On 18 December 2013 12:30, Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com> wrote:
> This patch fixes a bug in the aarch64 gas. Gas checks whether an opcode
> entry is allowed given the current available features on the target.
> Unfortunately the check is done too early in the opcode matching and causes
> the assembler to exit the mnemonics matching too early with incorrect
> diagnostics when certain features are not available on one target. This
> patch fixes the problem by moving the checking to a later stage.
> OK for the trunk and the 2.24 branch?