This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [patch gas]: Set correct dwarf2 return column value for x64 windows target
- From: "Pierre Muller" <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>
- To: "'Kai Tietz'" <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>, "'Binutils'" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "'Nick Clifton'" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 01:38:13 +0100
- Subject: RE: [patch gas]: Set correct dwarf2 return column value for x64 windows target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <AANLkTinDtRSo4e4dNOg1cZ9ptn9ZKv1_mkNJNaaua-OT at mail dot gmail dot com>
sorry to dig out this very old stuff...
but I do not understand that patch which
seem to me to be responsible for the fact that
mingw64 CFI states that the return column is 32 (which corresponds to xmm15
This is also seen in GDB where info frame always states
that register xmm15 is saved at the same location than rip...
In fact, I was puzzled by this xmm15 saved register and it took me some
to understand why xmm15 was used.
I finally tracked it down to the patch below,
and by reverting it in gas/cconfig/tc-i386.c
I was able to get more sensible frame information both
with objdump -W and with GDB.
Could it be that the reason of your patch:
" which has a different call-clobber set."
does not apply anymore and that thus using 16 which is indeed
the dwarf register number of RIP register
is the correct value?
tired after a long bug hunt...
PS: I also tried out the cygwin64 target and the patch
seems also wrong there.
> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:binutils-
> email@example.com] De la part de Kai Tietz
> Envoyé : vendredi 21 janvier 2011 17:06
> À : Binutils
> Cc : Nick Clifton
> Objet : [patch gas]: Set correct dwarf2 return column value for x64
> windows target
> this patch corrects the value of dwarf2_return_column in tc-i386 for
> x64 windows, which has a different call-clobber set.
> 2011-01-21 Kai Tietz
> * config/tc-i386.c (md_begin): Set for x64 windows COFF target
> x86_dwarf2_return_column to 32.
> Tested for x86-64-pc-mingw32. Ok for apply?