This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: BE8 arm objcopy -x
- From: "Richard Earnshaw (home)" <richard dot earnshaw at buzzard dot freeserve dot co dot uk>
- To: Matt Thomas <matt at 3am-software dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:07:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: BE8 arm objcopy -x
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2C755A52-AC46-414B-9633-2B04885868EF at 3am-software dot com>
On 13 Dec 2013, at 19:08, "Matt Thomas" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Should objcopy -x on BE arm strip $a/$t/$d symbols?
> Unlike most local symbols, those are required for proper linking
> of arm be8 programs and libraries. Stripping them will cause the
> program to be improperly linked.
> I think that even for '-x' that those symbols should be preserved.