This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
BE8 arm objcopy -x
- From: Matt Thomas <matt at 3am-software dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:07:41 -0800
- Subject: BE8 arm objcopy -x
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Should objcopy -x on BE arm strip $a/$t/$d symbols?
Unlike most local symbols, those are required for proper linking
of arm be8 programs and libraries. Stripping them will cause the
program to be improperly linked.
I think that even for '-x' that those symbols should be preserved.