This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch,ld] Fix check_lto_available
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Vidya Praveen <vidyapraveen at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 06:08:51 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch,ld] Fix check_lto_available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131211135732 dot GE5586 at e103625-lin dot cambridge dot arm dot com>
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Vidya Praveen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch modifies check_lto_available of ld regression test to
> 1. Make use of cflags, ldflags from board description file
> 2. Test by building an executable rather than a shared library
> - This is needed for the baremetal targets as shared library makes no sense
> to the baremetal targets. lto.exp which makes use of this check also has
> guard for shared library tests.
> Tested for aarch64-none-elf and arm-none-eabi, arm-none-linux-gnueabihf and
> OK for trunk?
> 2013-12-11 Vidya Praveen <email@example.com>
> * lib/ld-lib.exp (check_lto_available): Support cflags,ldflags and
> test by compiling for an executable rather than shared library.
You also changed check_plugin_api_available. Please send
a separate patch for it.
As for check_lto_available, it is not OK unless lto.exp is changed
to handle LTO tests which use -shared.