This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Mips}Using DT tags for handling local ifuncs
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: Jack Carter <Jack dot Carter at imgtec dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Doug Gilmore <Doug dot Gilmore at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:51:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Mips}Using DT tags for handling local ifuncs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <4CEFBC1BE64A8048869F799EF2D2EEEE4C6DDC0F at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <87r49p9dit dot fsf at talisman dot default> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1312092333190 dot 19368 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <874n6h877g dot fsf at talisman dot default>
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> > GDB has explicit ifunc support for making manual calls to such functions,
> > see stuff around elf_gnu_ifunc_fns in gdb/elfread.c; I'm not sure offhand
> > whether it needs to know details discussed here though, I suggest
> > double-checking.
> What we're discussing here is whether debuggers would need to understand
> the ABI GOT layout, i.e. whether the debugger itself will try to figure
> out where the implicitly-relocated part of the local GOT starts. I did
> check that before posting originally and couldn't see anything.
OK, thanks for confirming.