This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] remove remnants of old Mach-O workaround
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 15:55:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] remove remnants of old Mach-O workaround
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1386685755-29092-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com>
On 10 Dec 2013, at 15:29, Tom Tromey <email@example.com> wrote:
> I happened to run readelf on an ELF file created by Guile. readelf
> complained about invalid values for DW_FORM_strp. At first I assumed
> this was just a Guile bug, but eu-readelf did the right thing, so I
> looked a bit deeper.
> I came across some old Mach-O code to bias some offsets by section
> addresses. Guile, unlike many ELF writers, sets the address for the
> various DWARF-related sections, causing this unusual code to be run.
Ok from a Mach-O maintainer point of view.
However, I am not sure that Guile does the right thing here...